Sunday, June 22, 2008

Do It Yourself



I'm sure you have all heard about my plate clock-I was so proud of this little project when it was finished. I first saw these on etsy selling for $30 and fell in love. I had a wedding reception to go to the next day and knew this would be the perfect gift. A quick stop at Thai Pan for the plate (only $3), Robert's for the clock pieces ($5-6), and Mom and Dad's for a quick use of their ceramic drill bit, and five minutes later VOILA!
This project really got my creative juices flowing and I've been hunting down do-it-yourself projects ever since...



These fabric covered tacks were my own variation of a DIY project that used the wedding button kits to cover regular tacks. I thought it was such a cute way to spice up your average cork board that I decided to use some upholstery bradleys I had laying around to get the same effect. Using some some fabric scraps cut into small circles and a hot glue gun I created these beauties. It definitely breathes a little life into my dreary cubicle!

This jewelry shadowbox has to be one of my favorite projects, mostly because the finished project is so sleek and stylish. I feel like I should be living in a NY loft with these hanging on my walls! I got this idea from DesignSpongeOnline and seriously went out the next day to get the supplies. It consists of a deep frame from Ikea, Martha Stewart design paper, various hooks from the craft store. From there it was simply a matter of taking out the glass, cutting the paper to fit, and spacing out the hooks. Suddenly your jewelry becomes art even while you're not wearing it! It makes me want to go out and get more jewelry to hang!

2 comments:

Robyn and Taft said...

gosh if it wasn't sunday i would do some projects myself. stay tuned!

Lauren said...

I thought you were the cooking queen?! You can't be good at everything! :)