Sunday, June 22, 2008

Can't Wait to See It!

I just read in the paper today that The Drowsy Chaperone is making a tour stop in SLC this week. It will only be here for 5 days so I wasn't sure with such late notice if I'd be able to get my hands on any decent tickets. But I did! My introduction to this musical was watching the "Showoff" number on the Tony Awards a couple of years ago and I've been excited to see it in person ever since. Take a look: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5G6FoX1sg

A little background on The Drowsy Chaperone...
"A totally original new musical within a comedy, The Drowsy Chaperone has more laughs per minute than any new show on Broadway, the most 2006 Tony awards of any musical on Broadway, and awards for Best Musical from both NY Drama Critics Circle and Drama Desk.

"It all begins when a die-hard musical theater fan plays his favorite cast album on his turntable, and the musical literally bursts to life in his living room, telling the rambunctious tale of a brazen Broadway starlet trying to find, and keep, her true love."

Wish you were going with me!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hello-that totally sounds like fun! Let me know if you find out about that raffle...