Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Star Sighting


Lest you think we are super virtuous for having attended church while on vacation, I'll add this story. After church, while driving to Jon's sister's house, we decided we didn't want to get there and make her scrounge up lunch for us. So we stopped keeping the Sabbath day holy at a Brentwood Chipotle for lunch. While we were eating, Lizzie looked at a man ordering and started trying to get his attention. "Grandpa! Grandpa! Hi, Grandpa!" I looked up to see who it was that so closely resembled Dad from behind. Although I "know" him, it turns out we are not related. And no, Lizzie doesn't stay up to watch Law & Order: SVU with me.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oooh I love SUV! Don't tell Dad about the mix up-he might be offended at the lack of hair. LOL! Man, how come I never see anybody famous when I go to California?! Ok, one time I saw the guy with the creepy voice from a brake commercial that totally get on my nerves but nobody else knows who that is. Dangit!

Angie said...

He surprisingly looked quite a bit like Dad from behind - same height, same build - and he was wearing a hat, which covered the baldness, and while he probably is totally bald on top, I saw some hair around the perimeter so he must have had his head shaved in that photo.

Jenny Covey said...

Seriously, Brentwood?!! I live like 10 minutes from Brentwood.

Robyn and Taft said...

Whatev L, you saw that kid from 'So You Think You Can Dance' in Chicago. . . remember?