Monday, March 2, 2009

Homemade Wall Art


I've been drooling over these wall vinyls forever but don't want to pay $40 for them. So I printed an image out and decided to make my own "renter friendly" version out of fabric. Otherwise I'd have to sacrifice it to the next tenants or sweat my body weight trying to peel it off intact.





I had flashbacks to middle school art classes when I enlarged the image manually using the classic proportion grid. Not going to lie people I was pretty proud of the way it turned out.




Here is the semi-finished product (I didn't actually paste the fabric to the wall as I was moving out of that apartment a week later, and I was too impatient to see the effect on the wall so I just pinned it up)!

2 comments:

Robyn and Taft said...

must do project. i hope you saved your template. . .

Angie said...

Lauren, that looks amazing! Between the silhouettes and these ornate wall art items, we need to get you a really nice pair of tiny scissors.