Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All My Children...

Robyn, I was going to be the most thoughtful sister and send you flowers to congratulate you on starting school. I found a sweet bouquet that actually came in a cute little teacup with matching saucer. It made me think of our conversation about teacups while I drooled over the discontinued china at edish. Well, I almost got it then I figure I'd save the money for a trip out to see you (which I know you'd like better) but then I found you this entirely different and original "bouquet" using vintage teacups and I knew you'd love them just as much as I do! So, with all my love, here...


For us single, childless folk (yeah that's just ME) my babies-the things that take up my time, energy, and love-are my projects. So here are a few of my would be projects-I'll let you know if they survive my parenting skills and how they turn out...

These pillows put a new spin on the silhouette craze going around. How easy would these be to make-even if it was just with some colorful felt cut outs?! I'm especially a fan of the two rectangular pillows...

I'm eagerly anticipating moving into my new house this fall. And it's not just because I'll be escaping the clutches of my CRAZY-A roommate, it's got a lot of potential to be awesome with fun projects like this:
Mom has told me about using fabric and starch to wallpaper but I always thought the task sounded too large to handle. Smaller accents like this I could dominate! It gave me an epiphany to combine this particular DIY project with the urban outfitter wall decal (see below) I've been mooning over and save myself $40!

Obviously it wouldn't be quite as intricate but some sort of variation would work. The best part is you just add a little water to take it down when I'm ready to move out!

It was love at first sight when I laid eyes on this bird mobile! Upon closer inspection I totally thought of Robyn and her cute vintage fabrics (she made the Alivia banner from them). I found a free pattern for these pretty birds (said like the blind kid on Dumb and Dumber) so let me know if you want me to email it to you. Seems like a pretty easy sew-by-hand project and I just found this online site that has pretty unique fabrics that would work well.

2 comments:

Robyn and Taft said...

soooo cute. everything. you need to include the links to all of the websites where you found those pictures. i love it and i love that you have so much time on the internet to find this stuff.

Lauren said...

Yeah you can thank my job for that. I will admit it helps the days go by quicker when I can find cute stuff-especially the days I post about them. I never post the website because I'm never sure if I have to ask permission or something. Did you want to know about something specific?